GREENWAY NEWS ITEMS
Keep up to date with the latest Greenway News Items
Step into the past
- Win a walking holiday in the west of Ireland
- Step into the past – win a walking holiday in the west of Ireland
- In association with Ireland Ways and IrishCentral, Mayo.ie are delighted to give our friends the chance to win a five-night walking holiday along the Great Western Greenway, right here in County Mayo.
- The prize includes all two walkers could need for a few days walk from instruction to accommodation. In addition to 4 days walking the beautiful Greenway of Mayo we are giving our lucky walkers a dinner for 2 at Mulranny Park Hotel and to finish off your walk you will be treated to a special boat trip for 2 around the islands of Clew Bay.
- Mayo is steeped in rich history that is waiting to be explored. Dating back to the year 1570 County Mayo has routes that stretch far beyond its charming towns and villages and the Great Western Greenway walking route will take our winners along quiet boreens and through charming Irish villages.
- The 26-mile long Great Western Greenway, is the longest traffic free off-road walking and cycling trail in Ireland, ending in Achill Island. This stunning trail allows visitors to explore this history rich area of Mayo, with human settlement in the area dating back over 5,000 years. The Great Western Greenway has won several awards including European Destination of Excellence.
- On the Great Western Greenway route you will follow the trail from the charming town of Westport to Achill railway which closed in 1937. Along the way you will pass through Newport with its famous seven arched viaduct crossing the Black Oak river and on the way to Mulranny you can find the 16th century tower house of Rockfleet Castle before finishing up at Achill Island. The Great Western Greenway has won several awards including European Destination of Excellence.
- How to enter: Just answer a simple question on Irelandways.com
- The lucky winners will be announced on May 1st.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Competition open to all countries.
- - Competition is open until 1st May 2017. Winners will be announced by Mayo.ie and IrelandWays.com in May.
- - Prize cannot be exchanged for money, a cash alternative or any other items.
- - Holiday prize includes 5-night accommodation on B&B basis, luggage transfers and holiday pack for 2 people, a boat trip around Clew Bay and dinner for two in Mulranny Park Hotel.
- - Travel dates subject to availability. Winners must book before May 31st 2018. No flights, transport or insurance included.
- - By entering this competition, you agree to register for the IrelandWays.com, IrishCentral.com and Mayo.ie mailing list.
- Good luck to everyone!
Roadworks on N59
- Roadworks on N59
- Please note that the National Roads Authority are currently carrying out works to the N59 located between the towns of Newport and Westport. Users of the Greenway are asked to follow all directional signage and notices located along this section.